How to submit a crash log from an iPhone app
If you ever experience a crash, a log of that event is created on your device, and copied to your computer the next time you sync it to iTunes. If you are contacting us about a crashing app, it would really help us out if you did the following:
First sync the device to get the log off of the device and on to your computer. Crash logs are located in the following places depending on your operating system:
Mac OS X
- iPhone: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
- iPod touch: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
(The tilde "~" represents your Home directory.)
- iPhone: C:\Documents and Settings[Username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice
- iPod touch: C:\Documents and Settings[Username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice
- iPhone: C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice
- iPod touch: C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice
(If you don't see the Application Data or AppData folders, you may need to show hidden files.)
Under those paths will be a directory for each device you have, and in that directory you will find the crash logs prepended with the application name. Find the one for the particular app (RE.minder, GAME.minder, etc) and time the crash occurred and attach it to the email you send us. Be sure to also tell us what version of the app you were running at the time, so we can properly interpret the log.
Thanks for your help!